Embedded Software Engineer - Middleware, Ref: ES1MW
Working in the Middleware group, engineers will be involved in many different activities, and in particular the following:
- Design and development of system and device driver software for many standard operating systems.
- Working with our hardware designers during the design phase to specify the product, and again during the proving phase to validate the product.
- Work on challenging customer issues that get escalated to engineering team.
- Keeping up to date with innovations in software and manage their evaluation and potential introduction.
Working in a small company environment, projects are usually small and of short duration, and in most cases the bulk of the work is done by one individual. The hardware and software platforms vary, but most of the devices used are complex and a good appreciation of the hardware is a pre-requisite for this role.
Engineering graduate, with very good experience in all of the areas below.
- Excellent proficiency in Embedded C.
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience writing real time device drivers for Linux, VxWorks and Windows.
- In-depth knowledge of either ARM or x86 architecture.
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills.
Experience with any of the following would be desirable:
- Hands-on knowledge of PCI Express, SRIO and VME fabrics.
- Using middleware, such as OpenMPI, OpenDDS, OpenAAC and CUDA.
- Programming for parallel processor architectures.
- Network protocols.
The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an engineering level is an important additional attribute.
Very competitive salary package, with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.
Please send your CV with a covering letter. Post, email or fax to:
Mrs Morag Willis,
Concurrent Technologies Plc
4 Gilberd Court, Newcomen Way,
Colchester CO4 9WN, UK
Fax: +44 1206 751116