Embedded Software Engineer - BSP, Ref: ES2BSP
Our software engineers are involved in many different activities, and in particular the following:
- Work on BSPs for cutting edge Intel and ARM processor based boards.
- Design and development of system and device driver software for many standard operating systems.
- Working with our hardware designers during the design phase to specify the product, and again during the proving phase to validate the product.
- Work on challenging customer issues that get escalated to engineering team.
- Develop test software and procedures.
Working in a small company environment, projects are usually small and of short duration, and in most cases the bulk of the work is done by one individual. The hardware and software platforms vary, but most of the devices used are complex and a good appreciation of the hardware is a pre-requisite for this role.
Engineering graduate, with very good experience in all of the areas below.
- Excellent proficiency in Embedded C.
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience writing real time device drivers for Linux, VxWorks and Windows.
- In-depth knowledge of either ARM or x86 architecture.
- Good appreciation of hardware.
Experience with any of the following would be desirable:
- Hands-on knowledge of PCI Express, SRIO and VME fabrics.
- Experience with boot loader or PC BIOS development.
The ability to communicate effectively with others within the company at an engineering level is an important additional attribute.
Very competitive salary package, with generous relocation allowance where appropriate. Company-supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.
Please send your CV with a covering letter. Post, email or fax to:
Mrs Morag Willis,
Concurrent Technologies Plc
4 Gilberd Court, Newcomen Way,
Colchester CO4 9WN, UK