Office-based in Colchester, Essex, you will work closely with our electronics, board layout and other mechanical and thermal engineers at all the different stages of board development, for both rugged and more benign environments. Our design team operates in a small company environment which means that most design are completed by an individual engineer. As a result, each engineer rapidly becomes involved with all aspects of the product design and development. Short design timescales are an important part of our development strategy, which also results in our engineers being involved in many different product designs quite quickly.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- You must be a very practical, “hands-on” person, comfortable using a variety of hand and power tools.
- You will be a good problem-solver, with the ability to reason independently and reach good engineering solutions.
- You must be educated to HNC/HND or NVQ level 3 standard with industry experience of designing small or precision components, ideally for electronic product packaging or similar environments.
- You must be independent and a self-starter, able to plan and carry out your work with little supervision and with the ability to deliver effective results in short timescales.
- Familiarity with SolidWorks is essential.
Desirable, but not Essential, Skills / Experience:
- An appreciation of change control procedures, e.g. ECO/ECN systems.
- A good understanding of tolerances and their effects in real-world production.
- Some awareness of thermal management techniques, especially in electronic product design.
- Previous involvement in environmental testing, e.g. shock, vibration or thermal tests.
- A background in product development for airborne or ground vehicle equipment.
- Very competitive salary.
- Optional stakeholder pension scheme (with a generous company contribution).
- Life assurance.
- Private health insurance.
- Relocation allowance where appropriate.
Please send your CV with a covering letter. Post, email or fax to:
Mrs Morag Willis,
Concurrent Technologies Plc
4 Gilberd Court, Newcomen Way,
Colchester CO4 9WN, UK
Fax: +44 1206 751116