Senior Environmental Test Engineer
The main focus of this role is the preparation of our products in representative test systems, planning and executing a range of tests, in-house and sometimes at external test houses, and documenting and reporting on the tests performed. Currently, the environmental tests comprise primarily shock & vibration, temperature and EMC compliance, but may include humidity, altitude (high and low pressure) and other tests. Some of the testing will require travel to other locations off site and possibly overnight stays. Some flexibility in working hours is also required, with occasional early starts, late finishes and some weekend working being necessary to fit around test equipment availability.
In addition to the testing activities, the successful candidate will immediately be responsible for another test engineer with the likelihood of adding further engineers to the team in the future.
The role typically but not exclusively involves the following:
- Preparation of representative test systems including determining a suitable chassis, back-plane, test fixtures and other connectivity to allow the products under test to operate continuously during the test cycles.
- Use of functional test software, with the ability to modify test scripts and read log file results, will be expected. (This does not include the creation or modification of software programs.)
- Some problem diagnosis and problem solving resulting from the environmental tests would be expected.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the environmental tests are performed according to the specification required.
- Maintaining accurate and correct test records and test reports to a quality level acceptable for potential customer distribution.
Candidates should be qualified to degree or HND standard, be able to demonstrate practical postgraduate experience of some functional or environmental testing of computer-based equipment, and are expected to be familiar with some or all of the following:
- Building, configuring and testing computer systems from piece parts (e.g. motherboard, data storage, cooling, power supply).
- Installing and configuring Windows and Linux operating systems and drivers.
- Creating and amending software scripts.
- Understanding and meeting the requirements of military and commercial test specifications for environmental testing.
- Diagnosing and finding practical resolutions to technical problems, including an understanding of basic mechanics.
- Experience of team or project leadership.
You will be part of a small team with a high level of responsibility for your own work and that of the other test engineer(s), so you will need to have the ability to work to demanding timescales, while maintaining a high level of enthusiasm and commitment to the projects. You will also need to be methodical, well disciplined, have attention to detail and show good inter-personal skills.
BenefitsExtremely competitive salary package. Company supported private pension scheme. Non-contributory private health insurance scheme.
ContactPlease send your CV with a covering letter. Post or email to:
Mrs Morag Willis,
Concurrent Technologies Plc
4 Gilberd Court, Newcomen Way,
Colchester CO4 9WN, UK