Senior Thermal Engineer
The Senior Thermal Engineer will provide key design inputs to the hardware team, and also be very involved in the verification stages of product development, as well as providing on-going support to our UK based production team. Among the engineer’s responsibilities are the following:
- Designing, developing and testing thermal solutions for both convection and conduction cooled products.
- Liaising with the hardware and PCB design engineers to agree optimal layout and construction of the boards.
- Simulating and analysing thermal performance of the products, and implementing any necessary corrections.
- Developing and improving our mechanical design procedures and practises.
- Thermal and mechanical testing of new products and components.
- Maintaining awareness of new technologies.
- Reporting to the local Engineering Manager.
Candidates should be engineering graduates (BS or MS in a relevant discipline), able to demonstrate practical post graduate involvement in embedded electronic product design, and be familiar with some or all of the following (in approximately descending order of priority):
- Designing thermal solutions for both convection cooled and conduction cooled electronic products.
- Analysis of thermal characteristics at component level, and at board level in excess of 60W.
- Familiarity with standard form factor designs, e.g. OpenVPX (3U and 6U) or VME.
- Mechanical design skills, especially in respect of tolerancing.
- An awareness of CAM software and CNC machining processes.
In addition to technical skills, the candidate must be independent and self-motivated but also be able to interact with other engineers both locally and overseas. He or she will be a primary local point of contact for all thermal and mechanical issues so must be able to provide assured and accurate guidance to colleagues, during both the design and testing stages of product development. The role will involve some travel to the UK, including an initial period of about 3 to 4 weeks for familiarization with the company and its products, and thereafter occasionally as required.
Please send your résumé and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org